Read This Article And Get Simple Steps For Maintaining Healthy Eyes Well Into Your Golden Years.
Eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. Eyes are mirrors to the soul. But in this fast-paced life we seldom pay attention to their well-being, even though they are one of the most essential and sensitive part of our body.It is necessary to improve the circulation to the eyes and optic nerves to keep them healthy as they are constantly at work.
Here are some easy Exercises and effective tips , which will help you to keep your eyes Healthy.
- People who work in front of computers for long should do this exercise every 3-4 hours to improve circulation.Hold your thumb underneath your eyebrow and your index finger above. Gently press and straighten your eyebrows. Then take your thumb and gently roll it around your eye. This will bring quick relief.
- A simple eye exercise is rotating the eyeball- right and left, upwards and downwards. This should be practiced in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
- Rub palms of both the hands for 30 seconds and place them over the eyes. This will give your eyes instant relief.
- Wash your eyes with Triphala water twice a day to relax and improve the eyes.
- Blinking is the natural relaxation process. Make it a habit to blink after every five to six seconds.
- A sound sleep is very essential. Meditate for about 10 minutes before going to bed.
Tips To Care For Your Eyes…..
- Protecting your eyes starts with the food on your plate. Studies have shown that nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E may help ward off age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts. Regularly eating these foods can help lead to good eye Health.
- Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans and other non-meat protein sources
- Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices.
- Avoid non-vegetarian foods, chillies, spices, and preservatives like jams, processed and fermented foods.
- Take food with a lot of Vitamin A, like carrots, green leafy vegetables, Amla, oranges, Anjeer and almonds.
- Protect your eyes from the sun-Over-exposure to ultraviolet rays can cause a number of problems, including cataracts and age-related macular degeneration. In sunny weather, always wear sunglasses.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese increases your risk of developing diabetes and other systemic conditions, which can lead to vision loss, such as diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you are having trouble maintaining a healthy weight, talk to your doctor.
- Give your eyes a rest. If you spend a lot of time at the computer or focusing on any one thing, you sometimes forget to blink and your eyes can get fatigued. Try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds. This can help reduce eyestrain.
- Don’t wash eyes with hot or icy water and avoid abrupt temperature changes. If you’re hot or just returned after being under sun, wait 10-15 minutes before splashing water on your face and eyes.
- Take a cup of carrot and Amla juice empty stomach in the morning. It is very healthy for your eyes.
- Every morning drink at least one liter of water kept overnight in a copper jug. This will help you in maintaining a good health and healthy eyes.
So these are some Exercises and Tips for healthy Eyes. If you follow these steps regularly I am sure your eyes and become Healthy and perfect……….